Buying a microphone can be a tough task with the number of choices, types, prices and specifications. The first thing to consider when you decide to buy a microphone is the kind of work you intend to use it for. Different jobs require different kinds of microphones but one thing common to all the needs is that the mic should deliver a great sound quality. Great content along with good gear and equipment will help you in getting the desired sound quality to increase your reach.
Apart from a good mic, the other important factor that would determine the output of the sound is the ambience where you would use the mic. This is especially true if you are going to use the mic at home or in a studio. Only when you are comfortable using the mic will you get the desired sound output and the best result. This is where a mic stand comes in.
Best Mic Stand For Blue Yeti – Reviews
In today’s review, we look at two products to find the best mic stand for Blue Yeti. The brand Blue has their best-selling USB microphone and this family of mics is called Yeti. Yeti microphones give you unparalleled sound quality and we see which product helps the Blue Yeti to deliver this.
This Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand from NEEWER is an adjustable Black Scissor Arm Stand. It is of the folding type making it convenient to carry and is really suitable for both personal and commercial purposes.
- Comes with good quality spring that helps it to withstand more weight.
- The arms are extendable (up to 80 cms) and are double-braced for better strength.
- The maximum weight that it can carry is approximately 2kgs.
1. Durable: The Scissor Arm Stand is adjustable and is manufactured using steel frame which makes it really durable.
2. Easy to use: It can be easily mounted using the mounting clip
3. Adjustable arms: The arms are adjustable and you can adjust it to get the suitable height and angle for best sound quality. The arms are of the folding type and this makes it easy and convenient to carry everywhere. The arms are also flexible which helps to stick them on to any surface.
The PSA1 from Rode is a great studio boom arm that can be used for radio or broadcast. It is perfect to use in a studio or even at home. It has a great horizontal and vertical reach as well as 360-degree rotation. It is a two-section, spring-loaded microphone arm that is designed for perfect positioning. It has two options for desk mounting.
- It has a horizontal reach of 32 inches or 820 mm, a vertical reach of 33 inches or 840 mm and it can rotate 360 degrees.
- It comes with Velcro cable wraps. These Velcro ties can be used secure the mic’s cable to the structure of the arm. This helps in keeping your desk organized.
- It includes a 3/8inch adapter which helps convert the mic mount to the more popular 5/8inch size. This size is used in most mic mounts.
- It has a dual-axis swivel mount that helps to position the microphone accurately.
- It has a desk-clamp attachment for mounting in desks up to 55 mm thick.
- It has a desk-insert style attachment for desks up to 70 mm thick.
- It can support microphones that weigh between 700g (1.5lb) and 1.1kg (2.4lb).
- It comes with a 1 year warranty.
The Rode PSA1 is a great option for new as well as experienced users as it offers some great features at an affordable price. Let us look at some of its advantages.
1. Built well: The body of this boom arm is made of metal and it feels solid. It can securely hold and support most microphones.
2. Easy to use: It has an inbuilt spring mechanism that helps to change the position of the arm easily. It also keeps the arm where you leave it. It is easy to set up.
3. Durable: It is more durable and sturdy than some of the cheaper models available.
4. Mounting options: The PSA1 comes with two separate mounting options. They are a traditional clamp option or a more permanent desk insert option.
Why do you need to use a mic stand for Blue Yeti?
All microphones are created differently. You can sound great on some mics with little care while the others may require much more effort. You would need to use the right technique and the correct environment to sound your best on these kinds of microphones.
While using, a traditional desk stand you will always need to maintain the correct distance between your mouth and the mic. This may be a little difficult to achieve and hence it would have a major impact on the quality of your recordings.
On the other hand, using a boom arm or mic stand is a much better option. You can easily maintain the correct distance between your mouth and the mic. You can also be more relaxed and comfortable while doing so.
Another advantage is that you can easily reposition the mic with one hand and without making any noise. The difference in the quality of your voice when using a boom arm will surely be noticeable.
When it comes to choosing, the best mic stand for Blue Yeti, the clear winner is the Rode PSA-1 Studio Boom Arm. It is easy to use, easy to install and it comes at an affordable price. It can really help you improve your recording technique by make the entire process comfortable. It is also a great option for someone looking to upgrade their current podcasting setup.
It is one of the best choices in the mid-range category of mic stands. It has great user reviews and high customer ratings on major websites. People who have purchased this product cannot be thankful enough about their purchasing decision. This value for money product is worth much more than its price.